LPN Licenses Expired May 31, 2020
There is no grace period for practice.
If you wish to renew, you will need the instruction letter and form to renew an expired Missouri LPN license. Both can be found near the bottom of this page https://pr.mo.gov/nursing-licensure-lpn.asp. Do not come to the Board of Nursing office.
- Enroll in Nursys® e-Notify as a Nurse at www.nursys.com/enotify. Missouri does not issue a license card. You will receive notification that your license is renewed through this system. LPN licenses expire May 31st of every even-numbered year. When enrolling yourself in e-Notify, opt into the option to receive electronic license renewal reminders.
- Complete, sign and have the LPN Petition for License Renewal form notarized.
- Submit the LPN Petition with the required $102 fee payable to the Missouri State Board of Nursing. The fee may be a money order, cashier's check or personal check. The fee is non-refundable. The Board's address is in the upper-right hand corner of the form.
- Submit evidence of U.S. citizenship or lawful presence. An explanation of acceptable documents can be found in the instruction letter.
- Submit criminal background checks. This requires payment of a separate fee to the fingerprint vendor. Specific directions are in the instruction letter.
- If you are an applicant or licensee, and you plan to hand deliver items, you will be required to remain in the lobby area to meet with a representative of your board. The Division will limit the number of members of the public in the lobby to THREE. Others will be required to remain in your vehicle or outside until you are able to meet with board staff. The Division and its boards kindly ask you to socially distance while visiting the Division. Please have any documents that require notarization completed, including the notarization, prior to your visit.
- If you plan to visit the Division to hand deliver items or take an examination, you will be expected to answer questions regarding your health and any exposure to COVID 19. If you have any of the common symptoms of COVID 19, you will not be granted entry into the building. Staff will be on hand to meet you at the front of the building and you will be expected to maintain social distancing within the Division of Professional Registration.
- If you are a member of the public who wishes to attend the public meeting of one of our boards, the board will provide you information to attend virtually. Those who do need to gain entry into the building for the meeting will be required to maintain social distancing in the building. You may be asked to wait outside if you have a scheduled appointment with the board and answer questions regarding your health and any exposure to COVID 19.
No Grace Period to Renew
A nurse is required to renew 3 business days prior to the expiration date. Failure to do so may result in the license becoming lapsed, which requires the nurse to complete a reinstatement application, submit additional fees and submit to fingerprint background checks.
Name and/or Address Change FormOnline Name and Address Change Form
Request for Inactive License StatusRequest for Inactive License Status
Request for Retired Nurse License StatusRequest for Retired Nurse License Status
Primary source equivalent: The Nursys licensure and disciplinary database is the repository of the data provided directly from Missouri State Board of Nursing and is primary source equivalent.
Click Here to Find Out Where a Nurse can Practice.
Click Here to Verify An Individual License using Nursys Licensure Quick Confirm.
Click Here to Verify A List Licenses and Receive Real Time Notifications using Nursys e-Notify.