We are currently experiencing a high call volume. The best way to reach a representative is to send a detailed email to email@example.com.
RN Licenses Expired April 30, 2021
There is no grace period for practice.
If you wish to renew, you will need the instruction letter and form to renew an expired Missouri RN license. Both can be found near the bottom of this page https://pr.mo.gov/nursing-licensure-rn.asp under the heading, Form to Renew Expired Missouri RN License. Do not come to the Board of Nursing office. You cannot be renewed in person due to the fingerprint background check requirement.
- Enroll in Nursys® e-Notify as a Nurse at www.nursys.com/enotify. Missouri does not issue a license card. You will receive notification that your license is renewed through this system. RN licenses expire April 30th of every odd-numbered year. When enrolling yourself in e-Notify, opt into the option to receive electronic license renewal reminders.
- Complete, sign and have the RN Petition for License Renewal form notarized. Make sure you include an email address on the form. If your petition is deficient, you will be notified by email.
- Submit the RN Petition with the required $110 fee payable to the Missouri State Board of Nursing. This fee increases to $135 effective July 1, 2021. The fee may be a money order, cashier's check or personal check. The fee is non-refundable. The Board's address is in the upper-right hand corner of the form.
- Submit evidence of U.S. citizenship or lawful presence. An explanation of acceptable documents can be found in the instruction letter.
- Submit criminal background checks. This requires payment of a separate fee to the fingerprint vendor. Specific directions are in the instruction letter.
Request for Inactive License StatusRequest for Inactive License Status
Missouri State Board of Nursing Warns of Scam Targeting Missouri NursesMore Information
Nurses interested in administering COVID vaccine
If you are a nurse interested in administering the COVID vaccine, register at www.showmeresponse.org.
Nurse Licensure Compact Public Webinars
No Grace Period to Renew
A nurse is required to renew 3 business days prior to the expiration date. Failure to do so may result in the license becoming lapsed, which requires the nurse to complete a reinstatement application, submit additional fees and submit to fingerprint background checks.
Name and/or Address Change FormOnline Name and Address Change Form
Request for Retired Nurse License StatusRequest for Retired Nurse License Status
Primary source equivalent: The Nursys licensure and disciplinary database is the repository of the data provided directly from Missouri State Board of Nursing and is primary source equivalent.
Click Here to Find Out Where a Nurse can Practice.
Click Here to Verify An Individual License using Nursys Licensure Quick Confirm.
Click Here to Verify A List Licenses and Receive Real Time Notifications using Nursys e-Notify.